Just a comment from Mr. LWN

> Said grumpy editor has actively looked for an opensuse development
> distribution a few times, with no luck. The folks who create
> opensuse.org don't make the factory distribution easy to find - the
> "latest development version" link does not go anywhere near it. I
> suspect I'm not the only one who has come up empty-handed in this
> search. Nonetheless, I clearly blew my research and apologize for any
> resulting confusion.

why he stated that there was no publicly available development version
of openSUSE available.

It's true that it is not that easy to find: When I went to opensuse.org,
download, then the link "latest development version" points to 10.3RC1

A prominent link to factory might help to prevent this from happening
too often? Maybe there are some other places where links to factory
might be added (but I think it is properly referenced at the main
wiki page).

Ciao
      Joerg

PS: The article on lwn.net will become available in a week for
non-subscribers (The Grumpy Editor's guide to (some) development
distributions). Apart from that goof, the article was a nice read.

PPS: Googling for: opensuse development version
showed the (good) development version page and the ("bad") download
page as its first two hits in that order
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>