>Hi!
>
>Dne Wednesday 05 of December 2007 02:39:30 Gabriel . napsal(a):
>> Is it possible to have zypper and yast from 10.3 working on 10.2? Does
>> it have any special requirement?
>
>In theory yes, however, you will have to rebuild all binary packages
>(including libzypp) against 10.2 (and not be able to use those built for
>10.3). And there is a risk that the way some settings of the system have been
>changed between 10.2 and 10.3 and relevant module has been adapted, thus some
>individual modules will not work properly with 10.2..

Hello,

in fact, zypper works quiet well, and libzypp is of course needed.
Unfortunately, when doing so, you have to upgrade almost all of the Yast2 stack
(packeger is missing dependencies, new version requires new yast base package
and so on.

in the BuildService home:dimstar, I started to collect everything that is
needed to bring a working yast back, but the Factory-Imported yast actually
does not compile in the BuildService (well: it would be time to switch the
whole development to the OBS; then such things would be realized by the
internal packagers too).

On my own system, I have a working zypper (well: not exactly, it's the broken
version from Factory ;) ) and I'm quiet happy with it. Only YaST and all it's
modules are not running at the moment... I hope to give some better update on
this soon.

Dominique

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,000 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.  This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.