I've recently installed the Alpha DVD iso for 11.0 and encountered
serveral problems.  Took darn near 50 hours to get the DVD downloaded
via bittorrent.   Wonder if others have experienced it as well?

An overview first:
This is a Dell SC420 PowerEdge Server box.  It has both an onboard Intel
e7221 video card and NVidia 7300 GS videocard.  750GB SATA drive, 2GB
RAM, a sound card, scsi card (unused),

It is set up to tri-boot with Alpha/10.3/SLES 10SP1.  All are new
installs.  Previously, it was used as a SLES server.

1)  The very first problem encountered, sax2 wouldn't start.  At this
time, I was hooked up to the onboard video card.  The 10.3 install also
encountered the same problem.  When I did the install again with the
Nvidia card installed, sax2 issues went away.  Only SLES would start up
with Intel.  Looks like Intel e7221 is unsupported in 10.3 and above.
A bug has been filed talking about this issue.

2)  During the yast install process, I could not click on options when
proposal screens came up.   For example, when it came up with
"Partitioning, Software, Locale", I could not click on those options.
But I could change the options by selecting the "Change" button at the
bottom.

3)  SLES and 10.3, yast detected the sound card.  Alpha yast says sound
card is 'nil'.

4)  All three detect the onboard gigabit NIC.  However, Alpha leaves it
as unconfigured/unused, even though I have set it to use DHCP.  As a
consequence, presently, I am unable to go out and get any updates that
might fix the problem.

I'm sure I should be filing bugs on all the above issues, but I wanted
to investigate more and see if similar experiences exist before I do
anything more.

--
---Bryen---