On Monday 17 December 2007, Joerg Mayer wrote:

> libmusicbrainz4 openSUSE 10.3.1 (i586)
> perl-DBD-SQLite openSUSE 10.3.1 (i586)
> ocrad openSUSE 10.3.1 (i586)
> kdevelop3 openSUSE 10.3.1 (i586)
> libqtpod openSUSE 10.3.1 (i586)

these packages are currently failing to build (sometimes due to dependencies,
e.g. kdevelop3 does not build because of subversion does not build due to an
libapr update), so thats why they still have the old factory version.

> Currently "zypper dup" restores rpms that I deleted (like wireshark,
> *beagle*). Is there a way to prevent that?

you have to block them. in case of beagle we've tried to workaround that by
not recommending that package, but only install it via patterns. you have to
look closer at what drags in the package and why.

Greetings,
Dirk

--
RPMLINT information under http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint