Hey Group;

This is 10.3 GM upgraded. I have a Oylumpus SP-550UZ USB digital camera that is viewed as a usb_storage device with a vfat partition..

It is seen by the USB "lsusb" system everytime and SuSE's "hwinfo --usb". KDE3 brings up a selection menu which I think is related to "hal" "lshal" . However, now and then "My Computer" will see it. I have (as root) mounted it with "mount /dev/sdd1 /media/camera". Sometime it works and other times is states the /dev/hdd1 is not a device. The problem is - unknown and I would blame udev rules for the problem but I have been told that the USB system doesn't follow udev.

What is the flow of a hwinfo, lsusb, and lsmod (all look good) get to lshal Could this be a USB 1 and 2 issue.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" [EMAIL PROTECTED] "