On Tuesday 15 January 2008, JP Rosevear wrote:

> > I don't think that factory testing is the issue.
> I don't follow your point, even with packages failing factory helps you
> test and determine ahead of time how good an alpha would be.

Sure, my point is that the testing such a snapshot is not very meaningful
because it is just one arbitrary state during a rapidly changing time period.

Also, as you know, factory syncing to the outside is staged ("slowed down") to
not stress mirrors even more. It IMHO makes more sense to take care of
failing packages to ensure a consistent state for Alpha1 than testing one
arbitrary snapshot in time that can not be recreated. But it's your time
after all :)

Greetings,
Dirk

--