On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 10:26:11AM +0100, Felix M?ller wrote:
> As the servers are back online I did an update again and now have:
> # rpm -q vpnc
> vpnc-0.5.1-2
>
> But now I get:
> # vpnc
>   usage:   modify_resolvconf <action> <options>
>   action:  modify, restore, cleanup or check
>     -s|--service <service>               modify, restore
>     -e|--extension <string>
>     -p|--process <process>               modify
>     -i|--pid <pid>
>     -f|--script <pathname of script>     modify
>     -t|--text <text>                     modify
>     -l|--searchlist <list of domains>
>     -d|--domain <domain>
>     -n|--nameservers <addresses>
>     -o|--save_now <pathname of file>
>     -a|--save_later <pathname of file>
>     -k|--keep
>        --resolv
>        --named
>        --no_restart
>     -q|--quiet
>     -v|--verbose
>     -h|--help                            (does not need an action)
>   cleanup and check ignore all options except -q and -v
>
>   ERROR:   there is no script named /usr/local/sbin/vpnc
>
> VPNC started in background (pid: 4938)...
>
> Looking into it I think there is still a small packaging bug:
> # cat -n /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script
>     59  DEFAULT_ROUTE_FILE=/var/run/vpnc/defaultroute
>     60  RESOLV_CONF_BACKUP=/var/run/vpnc/resolv.conf-backup
>     61  FULL_SCRIPTNAME=/usr/local/sbin/vpnc
>     62  SCRIPTNAME=`basename $FULL_SCRIPTNAME`
>
> I had to change the FULL_SCRIPTNAME=/usr/local/sbin/vpnc to /usr/sbin/vpnc.
>
> As I am just a user of vpnc I am sure whether this is correct. Joerg can
> you comment?

By default vpnc installs vpnc-script into /etc/vpnc/. It's been debated
on the list whether that's the right place and as far as I'm concerned
there is no "right" place, so we chose the "least wrong" one. Ideas are
always welcome. I'll have a look at the binary and source rpm tonight
if time permits.

 Ciao
    Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>