GRUB initially enters 800x600x16-bit VESA mode.

I need GRUB to work differently. I use KVM (kernel-based Virtual
Machine) which doesn't support big real mode GFX GRUB extension, so I
would like to see GRUB starting with text-mode, and only after few
seconds switch to GUI mode.

Additionally, this will allow installing openSUSE via Serial COM port
in the future.

I have an opened bug (feature-request) in openSUSE bugzilla, that asks
to introduce delays into standard GRUB, so it will enter text mode,
and after few second will re-enter GFX mode.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"