Le mardi 21 juin 2011 à 15:01 +0200, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
> On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 14:42:07 Frederic Crozat wrote:

> > > I haven't seen the 12.1 version  but I am wondering if there is some
> > > misunderstanding about this Live CD and the ability to install Gnome 3
> > > when using the Live CD.
> > >
> > > The Live CD I have come across with Gnome 3 does NOT have the option to
> > > install Gnome 3 when the Live CD is first booted and the menu appears -
> > > which is unlike all previous Live CDs where one had the option to
> > > Install the system from that first menu.
> > >
> > > Live CD with Gnome 3 do not have this option, and one has to know that
> > > only by going into Yast can one see the Live Installer option.
> >
> > As explained in almost all blog posts about GNOME 3 Live image and in
> > the wiki, you have to manually add "liveinstall" to boot command line to
> > get live installer. But Live installer is still available from
> > applications list in GNOME Shell.
>
> We really need a better solution for 12.1 than reading the manual ;)

Agreed. 12.1 won't have the issue GNOME3 Live image have, since those
iso will be created by coolo and not using a "kiwi only" process, so
Live Install will be present in the boot menu.

> I can right now start the liven installer from the GNOME 12.1 LiveCD - but I
> need to know how to invoke it.

One solution could be to start a "welcome" screen once GNOME is started
(only in Live mode) explaining how to install the image (and maybe with
a 1 click button to start install).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcro...@suse.com>
SUSE