Il 01/07/2014 18:05, Malcolm ha scritto:
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:42:57 -0300 Marco Calistri
> <marco.calis...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Il 01/07/2014 17:10, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
SUPER SNIP!

>>> no but I imagine that you can.  Also: systemctl stop upower
>>> systemctl disable upower
>>>
>>> You *do* read the responses you get ???

>>> AGAIN: appears an incompatibility between your system and the
>>> software, ie: support for your system is not there. Which you
>>> were told earlier in the thread.
>>>
>>> w/o systems availabile for testing, much can be missed.  And if
>>> you do not submit bug reports, unlikely to *ever* be fixed.
>>> Really, free software is not enitrely free.  You are expected to
>>> help, ie: with bug reports.
>>>

>> All OK, I accept your blames but certainly I'm not alone with this
>> not supported hardware problem, then do not base the overall issue
>> still not resolved just upon the fact that myself have not been a
>> good free-software user and has not contributed with opening of bug
>> reports because many others are complaining about same not working
>> power-management in Linux.
>>
>> I red the responses from you and Malcolm and these are not in sync
>> about upower enabling, for this reason I'm asking confirmations,
>> beside this it could be possible I miss something because I'm not
>> Anglo-Saxon then some words or concepts can even escape from my
>> understanding.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> Hi On my systems upower is not enabled, yours is for what ever
> reason? I'm not running 3.12 only 3.10.
>
> On this HP 4440s I run with the following boot option (for
> brightness control);
>
> acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2012\"
>
> Maybe adding this will help with newer hardware?

Malcolm,

During this meanwhile I updated my kernel to latest stable which is
something around version 3.15, then I cleaned all my previous boot
options from grub2 and added just your suggested line:

acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2012\"

I have not yet had the possibility to test the reached battery limit but
I noticed an encouraging fact: the warning message of Upower about
battery design is disappeared:

UPower-Linux-WARNING **: energy_full (43.772400) is greater
than energy_full_design (41.990400)

Then may be your suggestion did the trick!

Regards,

--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)