Il 11/07/2014 13:20, Marco Calistri ha scritto:
> Il 11/07/2014 12:09, Marco Calistri ha scritto:
>> Il 11/07/2014 11:59, Malcolm ha scritto:

>>> Hi I would assume suspend would work, maybe try on the current
>>> version first?
>>>

>> Hi Malcolm,
>>
>> suspend works both from console command and through gnome-shell
>> extension I installed recently.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Done:
>
> Daemon:
>   daemon-version:  0.9.23
>   can-suspend:     yes
>   can-hibernate:   yes
>   on-battery:      yes
>   on-low-battery:  no
>   lid-is-closed:   no
>   lid-is-present:  yes
>   is-docked:       no
>
> gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
> critical-battery-action
> 'hibernate'
>
> Let's wait the critical threshold...
>
> Cheers,

Dear Malcolm,

Nothing to do: with Gnome 3.12 I have to use upower 0.99, otherwise I
lack other functionalities as the battery icon and management into the
top right corner of Gnome Desktop.

I am now able to make the system don't simply shutting down by setting
the parameter plugins.power to 'suspend':

gsettings get org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
critical-battery-action

'suspend'

Definitely by setting the plugin to 'hibernate' doesn't works never!

Now I'm almost satisfied because I finally have both a notification on
desktop whenever battery level goes low and a system suspension at
critical level.

Regards,

--
Marco Calistri
opensuse 13.1 (Bottle) 64 bit - Kernel 3.15.5-1.g01d2774-default