On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 08:59 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Tue 2014-10-07, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> >> - As in Gnome 3.12 already, every time I connect to a new wireless
> >>   network, I have to enter the root password.  This is a regression
> >>   from openSUSE 13.1.  Do you want a formal bug report?
> > Was an error on my side: updating the packages to 3.12, I lost a patch
> > on the way (which, funnily enough, was about 6 months ago.. and only
> > last week somebody reported it. gnome-shell 3.14, as is currently in
> > Factory, has the patch re-enabled and functioning.
>
> Hmm, I still observe this behavior.  Is this still syncing?

Can you check the latest changelog entry in gnome-shell?
rpm -q --changelog gnome-shell | head -n 3

If fully synced, you would get
* Sun Oct 05 2014 dims...@opensuse.org
- Rebase and re-enable gnome-shell-private-connection.patch
  (boo#899789).

But as far as I know there was no Factory publish in between; look out
for the 'New Factory snapshot' announcements on openSUSE-Factory mailing
list.

> On a related(?) note, every time I wake up my system from
> suspend-to-RAM, I now get "System policy prevents unlocking...
> the mobile broadbind device" and a request for the root password.
>
> This is before I can enter my own password.
>
> Is this the same thing as you mention above, or a different one
> that I should report?

Should be a different report..

Dominique
--