On Wednesday 01 September 2010 07:19:12 Kálmán Kéménczy wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Jos Poortvliet
> <jospoortvl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well it should probably be on the wiki page on getting openSUSE: in some
> > countries you can get a DVD send to you...
>
> so it should be somewhere here: http://software.opensuse.org/113/ ?
> or other pages?

I am not completely sure about this. There is a dilemma for us involved:
- on one hand, we don't want to take away business from openSLX - after all, a
part of that money comes back to us in the form of development and support for
openSUSE
- moreover, we have limited resources - I'd much rather give the DVD's to
ambassadors for promo at events and let end users download their DVD from home
if needed

But not everyone can download a full DVD from home or pay openSLX for a box -
eg in india that can be hard. So we should try to help out (and Sankar & his
Indian ambassadors do great with that).

So how much should we advertise that we can send a limited number of DVD's
around? After all it ain't cheap, our local ambassadors have to send them.. So
putting it on our main homepage might make ppl easily order them - even if they
don't really need it.

But they should be able to find them if they really need it.

Who has idea on how to do this properly? I'm unsure about it...

cheers
Jos