Hi,

 I'm running a similar case and I'm going to do a workshop in my former
high school. They have been pretty cool, but I am a former student from
that institution and I know many people there, so I get some
credibility.

 Last year I've also contacted the City Hall of Aveiro and the City Hall
of Estarreja, in which I've spoken with the Council for Culture and Vice
Presidents and they asked no identification. I've made a small
presentation about the Fedora Project and why I was asking support. They
were willing to make available free of charge the local Theater
(controlled by the city hall) with 1400 seats for an event. It didn't
happened (the event), but they were friendly all the way.

 I don't know how things work in other places, but a smile and a bold
attitude usually does the thing.This is mainly my experience in
Portugal, dunno abroad.

 nelson