Hi all,

Long time ago, we thought of two different things

1. Helping hands
2. Moodle Based Platform

Regarding Helping Hands check this out
 http://old-en.opensuse.org/GNOME/HowTos/Helping_Hands_Topics

Regarding moodle platform check this out
 http://manugupt1.ietherpad.com/Edu

I think such a lot of ideas would help you get started

Regards
Manu