On Monday 07 February 2011 05:34:32 James Mason wrote:
> Thanks for starting that page.  I'll add more info as soon as I can.  One
> quick question though: Novell has been a gold sponsor (
> http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/sponsorship ) of the event for years.
> Should the event coordinators be seeking to continue that, or do you think
> it would be more appropriate for openSUSE to sponsor?

I'd much rather use my budget to pay for ambassador travel & hotel, marketing
materials and if a booth costs money I love to pay for that to. And organizing
openSUSE hackfests & sprints to get work done. A banner at a conference is not
worth much to me, however.

In other words, I won't sponsor unless someone has a very good reason to do so
which doesn't involve just having our name on some website or a banner. And
can justify it over using the money for openSUSE.