On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 23:05 +0000, stu...@bolin.org.uk wrote:
> I personaly look forward to seeing what the community can come up with but I
> wonder given that we are a month away from release and that Stephan told me
> the designs would be ready two to three weeks before launch only gives the
> community a week to produce a design they are happy with is that enough time?
>
> Stuart
> Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

Two problems with that statement:

1.  They completely circumvented the community on the 11.3 design and
that caused an uproar.  They agreed after to work with the marketing and
artwork teams on this.    I reached out directly to them, as a board
member, a month ago to remind them of this promise.  And they have yet
to do anything.  And now, from you, I hear for the first time that they
are going ahead with whatever design they have with no time frame for us
to work on this.   This is a slap in the face of community work.  And
quite typical of openslx's tendency to hijack portions of the community.
Just look what they did to German OWN today!

2.  The question is not whether we come up with a design they're happy
with.  Its whether they come up with a design WE'Re happy with.   We're
the ones that are going to go around all over the world delivering Promo
DVDs.  That Promo DVD is our calling card.  And to shove a design into
our hands without any discussion and we have no choice or collaboration
in the matter is not acceptable.

Javier's attempts to bring this up for discussion is not about us
getting to the game late.  Its about picking up where openSLX should
have a month ago.

Bryen