On 24.02.2011 08:55, Manu Gupta wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I know it is abrupt but I need some help
> Have a look at this http://suseware.com/trial/extended.php
>
> I will like all of us to apply our minds to get a set of images that can
> work as a slide show instead of the 11.2 box..
>
> Also, please check the links below.. see if something is missing
>
> I know I have to add twitter, identica and facebook

Hi Manu!
I agree we should replace the box with a slideshow.
Some more things we need to work on until we can put this into production:
- I18n: Probably we should use PHP Gettext for this. We need the language
dependant content
  in .pot files, so we can make use of our translation community to have the
landing page in
  many languages
- Automatic redirect to the users language
- The bento javascript files should get sourced from static.o.o so we don't
have to update all
  sites when something changes in the menu.
- The 'openSUSE Project' box: I'm not sure we need that, maybe we should just
add more links
  in the text on the left side, as those links are also in the header and the
footer
  Instead of this I would add an additional box with the latest community blogs
from planetsuse.

Could you push this to our infrastructure svn at:
https://developer.berlios.de/projects/opensuse/
So we can work together on it?

Greetings

--