On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Vincent Untz <vu...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 11 mars 2011, à 14:48 +0000, Nelson Marques a écrit :
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > I don't think the GNOME team has planned to have both GNOME versions. If
>> > that's something people want to see happen, please show up at the GNOME
>> > team meetings or on opensuse-gnome :-)
>>
>> I know the 'manpower' point of view, and against that there are no
>> arguments. On the other side, considering that many people are
>> throwing knifes at the alternative panels of G3 and stuff...
>
> gnome-panel is still available in GNOME 3 :-) So we can still build a
> GNOME 2-like interface with GNOME 3 if we want. Some things will be
> different, but I'm pretty sure those wouldn't be that much of a big deal
> to most people.

Vincent,

I haven't run GNOME3 with 'nomodeset' to check it out, but there's a
lot of people bullying GNOME3 in Fedora... The panels were one of the
reasons invoked, so that's why I mentioned it... so we don't have to
go through the same.

Well, from my tiny experience with GNOME Shell and GNOME3, I do see
some potential on it, and by not making G2 available we might push
people to be spend more time with shell, I would suppose that would
also increase the number of converts to G3/Gnome-shell. Which honestly
is a very good thing.

Take a look at the Fedora Planet for some insight. If you want I can
compile a small set of links.

NM

> Vincent
>
> --
> Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.
> --

Nelson Marques

/* As cicatrizes lembram-nos de onde estivemos, mas não ditam para onde vamos */