Am Freitag 18 März 2011, 15:09:36 schrieb Ricardo Chung:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 04:17:50 AM Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 16, 2011 05:29:14 Koushik Kumar Nundy wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > There have been multiple mails of the nature included below, by
> > > several people, in the past couple of days. I initially considered
> > > them errors in list subscribe attempts, until I received one from my
> > > own ID. Mine for example, got generated with absolutely no action from
> > > my side. Is this a ML error issue, or am I missing something? Sorry
> > > for top posting, but this is not even a reply to a thread, so I didn't
> > > know where to put it.
> > >
> > > I have attached a copy of the actual mail I received for your use.
> > > Anyone know what this is?
> >
> > I've asked our admins to check it,
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Sorry. The last mail thoughts and writing not synced.
>
> It looks like when someone join to a group at http://connect.opensuse.org
> it sends an automatic update to the group mailing list.
This is the case, we thought that would be a useful feature in connect. Sorry,
I implemented it and wanted to blog about it, but came over that.

If thats not wanted, please go to 'Edit group' in connect.o.o (for example
for the marketing list
https://connect.opensuse.org/mod/groups/edit.php?group_guid=11392 )
and set the "Enable autosubscription on mailinglist" at the bottom of the
page to no. That stops the behaviour.

But doesn't it make sense that people who join a group also subscribe to the
groups ML? We thought so, as the groups should be more than fan-boy-tools ;-)

regards,

Klaas