On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:56, Jos Poortvliet <j...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 June 2011 17:43:05 Stephen Shaw wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 15:15, Jos Poortvliet <jpoortvl...@novell.com> wrote:
>> > I know, I know.
>> >
>> > The title must be weird. Do we do more than OBS and Tumbleweed?
>> >
>> > Actually, yes, we DO! Recent examples include us joining world IPv6 day,
>> > the kernel.opensuse.org page and there are a bunch of android apps too
>> > :D
>>
>> It would be cool to get an article on zypper and all the cool new
>> things that it does.  This would require bugging the zypper team a bit
>> I think.
>>
>> - Stephen
> Would you be willing to take that on, bug them & get something back? It
> doesn't have to be a perfect article or anything, just braindump-style or
> bulletpoints, anything we can use to write the actual text...
>
> If there are exciting changes, that'd be awesome. I have no idea so I do look
> forward to hearing about them. Be sure to ask for future plans too - one thing
> that I know is high on the request list is the ability to remove un-needed
> packages (libraries which have not been explicitly installed and due to the
> removal of the package they where needed for are now obsolete). If they plan
> anything in that department, that'd be good news.

I can't promise, but would like to.  I'm actually going on vacation
later today, so I won't have a chance to look at it much for at least
a week or so.  As for the un-needed packages that feature already
exists at least in part.  This is an example of what I was talking
about :)  There are tons of awesome features, but no one knows that
they exist.

Cheers,
Stephen