The next two days (for me, 4 days for the RMLL) where the real "RMLL" (Libre software Meeting)

This part was organised in the Strasbourg university, on a large hall, many conferences taking place in the university rooms.

Jimmy could not stay, oeilvert could not have free time but some hours from his employer, so I had to keep the boot with only my wife. She is not a computer addict at all and could make usefull work in the translation room, with the net result that I was often alone on the boot.

I could however visit when my wife or oeilvert could make me free, and like this I could get a free internet certificate and meet many other opensource actors. Some I already know (at least from the net), and other I didn't yet. Very interesting

I could also make many demos. I had some free copies of a french computer news paper with an article about Susestudio, and this is really a winner on the OEM market (I could build an appliance right on the way).

I could also show that I run on my netbook the Factory release and this is pretty impressive.

As soon as I get back my dsl line, I will be able to post photos and videos of the meeting.

Beleive it or not I could meet on my on table a Kde french translator that is from my own town :-).

Of course I could also meet Vincent (Untz), that provided me with Gnome DVD.

I could spread 50-80 dvd a day and when I was obliged to leave, I let the table full of openSUSE and Gnome DVD's

We should try to be at least two on the next time, to ba able to have a boot *and* go round speak with people.

I had some openSUSE T-Shirts to give as a gift and did this on what I hope to be a wise way: I gave them to people that appears to be openSUSE fans on other boots (that is not only visitors, but groups members), including a Debian member that asked for one saying he will wear it :-)

I noticed two things that many people asked for: caps and summary poster.

The summary poster (back of the 11.4 poster) was very appreciated (but may be a bit large), like was the Fedora cheat cube.

I had two caps for me and my wife, thanks to Jimmy Pierre, but only two and didn't want to give them away :-). They are from the Novell beginning, pretty difficult to find.

May be it could be cheaper to spread caps than T-shirts (and they are visible from a more remote position :-).

Thanks to Vincent we had also very small stickers, very good to stick on small netbooks

I end with thanks for oeilvert that hosted me for 5 days!

jdd
NB: Ubuntu had a small T-shirt specially fitted for girls, we shoulod defintively have some (photo to come)
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://pizzanetti.fr