Le 30/07/2011 15:46, Izabel Valverde a écrit :

Some comments and questions ...

this is only my own opinion:

How can we define who or how is an experienced ambassador?

should be obvious. If someone is not obviously (for the ambassador or more general commmunity) experienced, he is probably not. I mean I know some names simply because I subscribe many lists; those are pretty experienced, I guess.

The problem is that these same ones are probably influent in the ambassador world, so they will have to choose for themselve and this is the problem.

organize big events - big means over 700-800 attended - is the most
valuable ambassador?

most local event wont have more than 50-100 attendee. I don't expect an ambassador to *organise* an event, only to promote openSUSE during a local event, the simpler way being keeping a boot with demo computer and some goodies.

Thinking like this can make us to lose those who make a great effort
in their own neighborhood, school or work!

they need some sort of report. May be we need a facebook ambassador page where ambassador could upload they boot photos

here it's me :-)
http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?/47304/category/2258

I speak of facebook, because there it's easy to talk, comment photos... (much more than flicker) - we don't need hundred of them :-)

easy to see when it happens... But if don't start how can you be an
experienced one?

I see this as so: We (local ambassadors) decide to have a boot at the XXX meeting. The more experienced one contacta the organiser to have one. Then he ask for help and thid become a project. Then the project can ask for funding if some members of the project need it. Report is made (photos, videos, newpaper article, meeting official programm...).

On the beginning openSUSE can allow small fees (€50 - no more than the goodies price!)

After some time involved in foss communities our investment reduces
but never end. The events/conferences that invite us can pay for our
trips but that does not change the fact that we still have to invest
time and material. It's a lot of money! Maybe on this case Ambassador
Travel Funding express just part of our needs.

inversting some personal time and money seems to be a good reason to be sponsored :-)

need to have a guarantee that the change of openSUSE Board in December
won't make us to lose this support

I hope Attachmate have long term plans, but of course this can change

"references" leaving-away (including here in Brazil) and even in light
of this we're tending to repeat! Also... always have lot of good
intention when has money involved or a "free trip".

funding should always reduce people money investment, but never suppress it completely

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/jdddodinorg