At the recent 12.1 Marketing hackfest, we devised an editorial schedule
and folks have begun writing articles for promoting 12.1.  However, some
of these articles haven't been submitted yet.  We suggest that in order
to minimize confusion and reduce excessive pinging, you create an
ietherpad with your article and link to it in the editorial schedule at
http://ietherpad.com/sked or send your article directly to
n...@opensuse.org.

Using a pad such as ietherpad or piratepad has proven to be such a
valuable tool for crowdsourcing an article and getting it really spiffed
up.

Submitting your article links will enable us to ensure the articles are
published in a timely manner and also allows the news team to be able to
review and polish (not change!) the article itself ahead of time so that
it becomes publishable.

And while I'm at it, I'll use this opportunity to invite anyone who
thinks they have an article in mind to go ahead and start writing it.
There's still plenty of topics in our schedule that don't have an
assigned writer yet.  And as I tell people often, don't worry about your
writing skills.  Just write!  Braindump it!  Our news team is dedicated
to being there to help polish and make it presentable for you.  And
wherever possible, we'll make sure that a subject matter expert also
reviews the article for accuracy.  Our stories do get picked up by other
news media outlets and this is a chance to make you shine with a byline!

Thanks,
Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE News Team