On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 18:29 -0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Heya all,
>
> I did a google search for our facebook pages. Google said that these are
> the ones we currently have:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/openSUSE/45393742283;
> product/service with 2600 likes
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/openSUSE/107715102589260;
> Interest with 5200 likes
> http://www.facebook.com/OpenSUSECentral;
> community page with 5280 likes
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/opensuseproject/;
> group page with 5900 members
>
> I do not know who owns the first one, but I think it should go. I see
> Bryen making frequent posts, maybe he can make that happen? We should
> then try and let people know that the other pages are the ones they
> should go to.

This was something I was thinking about yesterday the same is repeated
across VKontakte.ru also there are dozens of little groups and few well
attended ones but we really only need one.

> In that regard, the second one, despite the 5200 likes, should imho go
> too. Again I do not know who 'owns' it but I see Stuart making frequent
> posts, could you do this, Stuart? Then we need to get you and byren
> added to the ones left: the community page and the facebook group.

It hasn't got a name so I will have to see who the administrator is and
contact them and get them to move everybody over to the central group.

> These two are the most active so I think it makes most sense to focus on
> them. And obviously I'd rather see the OpenSUSECentral stay as it has a
> much prettier URL. I will try to get OpenSUSECentral renamed to
> openSUSE. There is an individual with that name, let's see if we can get
> it. If not, let's at least try to rename OpenSUSECentral to
> openSUSECentral.

I don't know about groups or pages I really don't think its possible to
rename them under facebook rules, once the name is created your stuck
with it. It would be better to try and name one of the top two if you
want a customised name and merge people that way?

> Gertjan is one of the masters of the OpenSUSECentral page. Gertjan,
> could you give me and SatManUK (stuart tanner,
> http://www.facebook.com/georgianpropertiesuk) access too? Stuart offered
> to be our social media master for the openSUSE 12.1 release so he has
> things to post to the page and I just like to be in control :D

Like I said names cannot be changed, but one of the groups/pages with no
name can be used. Don't know about capitalisation if they can be changed
but i suspect nothing can be changed but lets see.

> Comments, suggestions? Please, if you know who can change anything on
> the first two pages, let me know! If we can't remove them we can at
> least put a notice and a link there to our 'big' pages...

Their should be an admin listed, I will mail them and see what they say.

--
Kind Regards
Stuart Tanner

24 Vincent Street