On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 18:01 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 04:50:50PM +0100, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 01, 2012 20:38:23 Manu Gupta wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I wanted to ask you guys, should we post this response on our news.oo
> > > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2012-02/msg01470.html
> > >
> > > Please let me know
> > No, it's more for a blog I would say. If you don't have a blog this is a
> > good
> > reason to set one up :D
>
> Its not fully correct as I am slowly learning the whole backgrounds. But no,
> probably not directly.
>
> More and more I think that the core reason of the mostly valid complaints
> is that we do not have enough integrative power to get a polished openSUSE
> product out.
>
> :/
>
> Ciao, Marcus

I'm also not in favor of a "formal statement" via news.o.o.  If
anything, such an action will only validate that Linus's action of
bashing openSUSE via social networking was acceptable, and many of us
feel this was not acceptable.  His rant painted openSUSE unfairly and
placed full blame on openSUSE when some of it is an upstream issue.

Jos's suggestion of many of us blog about it from a more technical
aspect is a good one and more sane.  I was already thinking overnight
about a good response to put on my blog and will probably finish writing
it by end of the day.

Bryen