On Sunday 27 January 2013 09:50:57 Roger Luedecke wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 17:56 +0100, Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> > > If I may make a suggestion, a news release of sorts = read once and
> > > forget.
> > >
> > > Instead, perhaps, build some excitement so that it generates ongoing
> > > conversation and interest.  Create some sort of campaign event where
> > > we're all watching the countdown as it reaches the X-goal.
> > >
> > > After all, the main goal for talking about OBS and packaging is to get
> > > more people involved and contributing.  If we're in a reactive
> > > position,
> > > where we are announcing a passed-milestone, it lessens the motivation
> > > for people to say "ooh, I want to be a part of this!"
> > >
> > > This will generate sustained noise over a period of time rather than a
> > > one time "Yay, we did it" and be done with it article.
> >
> > A quite good suggestion. Yeah, we can probably do that...  I'd still
> > need
> > help with writing but we can release the article in a few parts, have
> > the
> > countdown, do a 'OBS quick course for newbies' in Google Hangout etc...
> >
> > Henne, what do you think, feasible?
>
> Agreed. I can write some articles too since my blog gets rather good
> circulation.

Good! doing an overview of the articles from last week, for example, could
be cool - the reports on the release and oSC12 and hackfest and the upcoming
oSC13 make for a good set of articles.

> I've been much more active with the Google+ page management
> lately, and can probably be available to host some hangouts with the
> openSUSE page.

That is awesome. I can tell you - activity like this is really visible. A
few months ago, we were bigger than Fedora, but they were growing faster.
Now - we're still bigger than they are! I really think that's due to the
hard work of you and a few others posting there. Thanks!