Hello folks,

I usually organize openSUSE events at the Universities or cybercafés
in Mauritius. Recently I noticed a growing interest in Linux around
the place where I live. I know this was surely after critics on the
Government spending MUR 50M on a website revamp based on Microsoft
Sharepoint. We could then see so many Mauritians screaming ‘why not
open source’ on the social networks. At the same time many more
Mauritians asking ‘what is open source?’.

Then last week I wrote to the President of Providence Village Council
(the village where I live) asking if I can organize an openSUSE
Workshop on their premises. The response was awesome. The president
phoned me and said he’ll be very happy with the event and would
encourage many people to attend it and learn about Linux :)

See the letter I sent :
http://hacklog.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/openSUSE-workshop-letter.pdf

So, I started with requesting some Promo DVDs. I contacted friends to
print posters and get some cloth banners. I’m still working on
graphics & flyers that we can use to promote the workshop through
social networks. We haven’t decided on the event’s date yet. Once
everything is decided and organized I’ll post on openSUSE event’s wiki
page.

For now I’m so happy with the response that I wanted to share with you all.

Regards,

Ish