On 11/28/2013 09:56 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 08:04 +0100, Peter Czanik wrote:
Hello,

Before you ask: I don't have photos, this is something I tend to forget :)

"Linux az Oktatasban" http://lok.hu/ -> Linux in Education conference,
where openSUSE and the Hungarian SUSE office had a common stand. The
SUSE guys demoed their own educational solutions and services, I had a
machine running openSUSE 13.1 RC. It had all the different desktops, and
many people tried KDE, GNOME, XFCE and even E17. I had a few 12.3 DVDs
from SUSE Hungary to hand out and all were gone within half an hour.
Do you know of any schools in Hungary using our 'openSUSE for Education'
version? http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Education-Li-f-e

Well, not exactly schools, but individuals installing "openSUSE for Education" for their kids at home.

The Hungian SUSE office had a different approach: they built in SUSE Studio from all open source a solution specifically for Hungarian schools. Everything works from a web interface (mostly webmin and some custom development): IT infrastructure (dhcp, firewall, content filtering, etc.) and teaching related things (schedule generator, e-learning, grade log-book, etc., mostly from open source software developed for Hungarian standards by Hungarians.) More details are available on their website: http://huedu.hu/ (only in Hungarian...).

13.1 release party: it was this Monday, we were welcomed for a pizza by
the Hungarian SUSE office. We shared our first 13.1 experiences and
talked about many related topics. Personally I actively hate localized
software, but was asked to collect info about the openSUSE localization
process, so will do it later this week.
I think everything you need to know should be on this page, but I might
be wrong :) http://i18n.opensuse.org/
Thanks. The Hungarian coordinator is no more an active member of the openSUSE community, so I'll need to figure out how to officially replace him by someone else (luckily there are candidates!).

Future events: this Friday there will be two conferences: SFD (better
late than never...) and Virtualization Day. It's not the best situation,
as I can't be split to two events even if interested in both. I'll
present at SFD and maintain a stand with a demo machine. As 13.1 DVDs
are not yet available I'll hand out our remaining 12.3 DVDs.
Sounds good :) thanks for the update. Have a lot of fun! :)
No fun here, I got a very bad cold and need to skip the events :(
On the other hand, I'm already looking forward for next years events :)
Bye,
CzP