On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:00:01 +0200
Kostas Koudaras <warlord...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2014-01-31 Henne Vogelsang <hvo...@opensuse.org>:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On 31.01.2014 09:00, Kostas Koudaras wrote:
> >
> >> We also need some artwork done and a catchy title for it.
> >
> > I would love to help with the infrastructure, process and styling. I
> > already have some ideas how to produce this. How can I join? :-)
> >
> Well, you are in :D
> I would like everything to be open and talk about it here in the ML.
> Maybe at some point make a meeting.
> What are your ideas ?
> Nikos is the guy that works with the infrastructure of the printed
> version and afaik he is thinking on working with Scribus. About the
> web Version we were thinking of publishing it on News somehow or
> something else wordpress related, but still looking for this.
> BTW is it possible to have an article from OBS every month? In my mind
> I have to reach people in all corners of the openSUSE Project and have
> them write articles or even how to's. Maybe even give simple lessons
> of how to make packages... What do you think?
> Have Fun
> Kostas
>
> > Henne
> >
> > --
> > Henne Vogelsang
> > http://www.opensuse.org
> > Everybody has a plan, until they get hit.
> >         - Mike Tyson

Hello,

I made a quick research on the columns in the past weekly news. So,
this is what came up. I hope I didn't miss anything. Any more ideas are
mostly welcome about categories (columns) missing.

Of course, in time stuff could be added or removed, and each issue will
not probably have all the columns with articles. We may have to put
some limits on the size of the news. Any thoughts on that?

The list of the columns and sub columns follows:

- Editorial note
- Announcements (Special Events Included: oSC, GSoC, GCI)
- Status updates (Board, Distribution (Schedules for next weeks,
Maintenance updates, Bugzilla), SUSE Studio
- Team Reports (Art Team, Boosters Team, Build Service Team (Build
  Service Statistics), Education Team, Forums Team, Gnome Team, KDE
  Team, Marketing Team, Medical Team, Mono Team, openFATE Team,
  Libreoffice Team, Testing Team, Translation Team (Localization), Wiki
  Team, YaST Team)
- In the Community (People of openSUSE, Welcome new members, Events &
Meetings, openSUSE for your ears, From Ambassadors, openSUSE in specific
countries, Communication, Contributors)
- New/Updated Applications @ openSUSE
- Security Updates
- Kernel Review
- Tips and Tricks (For Desktop Users, For Commandline/Script Newbies,
  For Developers and Programmers, For System Administrators)
- Planet SUSE
- openSUSE Forums
- On the Web (Announcements, Call for Partitipation, Reports, Reviews
  and Essays, Warning)
- Feedback/Communicate/Get Involved

efagra