Yo,

On 19.08.2014 20:20, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2014 18.50:26 Henne Vogelsang wrote:

>>> I mean noobs in the sense of how infrastructure is done, and what there's
>>> in it.
>>> If this task is absolutely not for inexperienced people,
>>
>> We are talking about merging two wordpress instances into a wordpress
>> multisite network. You need experience in wordpress, PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL.
> to be accurate mySQL/mariadb wordpress has never understood other engine like
> postgreSQL ;-)

Smartass :P

>>> and need infrastructure access, then it will never be possible for
>> community to take the challenge.
>>
>> Ah c'mon, how often do we have to repeat this :-/ Working on the
>> openSUSE infrastructure happens on https://github.com/openSUSE/.
>> Everyone can do it.
>
> Yeap that equivalent to said, the doc is in the wiki :-))) (me joking you
> know that)

> Okay specifically if I'm looking in https://github.com/openSUSE/lizards

> I'm seeing there lots of
> https://github.com/openSUSE/lizards/blob/master/index.html%3Fp%3D10255.html
> which doesn't seems to make sense that much except if they are needed as
> statique pages, but then why ?

I don't know. I guess this explains what is is

https://github.com/openSUSE/lizards/commit/d896c2bb9f492b364da507a978395228d051db42

and whom to ask whats going on.

>>> So to free up time for making this happen, what's the solution ( read which
>>> ring I've to bell )
>>
>> People doing it. Dunno which bell that is...
>>
>>> And who as experienced people, can mentor and drive the right actions ?
>>
>> I don't know. Any wordpress experts around?
>
> I've drop the last instance of wordpress on my own infrastructure one year
> ago
> but still have some knowledge :-)
>
> As you said about suse communities, perhaps we can grab some help or advise
> about what they have done there ?

It's not rocket science. Just a wordpress multisite network and a couple
of meta blogs and plugins....

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang