Hi all,

A few weeks ago I finally got rid of my old wordpress blogs and
replaced it with something more 2016, the Jekyll static site generator

https://jekyllrb.com/

I've put together an openSUSE theme for Jekyll

https://github.com/sysrich/beautiful-jekyll-opensuse

For people who don't want to bother setting anything up, Jekyll can be
used directly with github pages - The README covers how to fork the
theme and set it up on minutes.

Jekyll isn't quite as easy as wordpress to live with, but it is a lot
more secure, a lot faster, and I'm using it as an opportunity to
practice my 'git' skills, which are becoming increasingly important
for contributing to lots of different parts of our project, not just
developer ones.

You can see the theme in action on http://rootco.de

Credit to Dean Attali for the original theme, and our own awesome
Cynthia & Zvesdana for their work on www.opensuse.org which was
surprisingly easy to merge into this theme.

Remember, if you have a personal blog, please make sure it's
aggregated on http://planet.opensuse.org - the openSUSE community is
interested in whatever crazy (or not crazy) stuff you are up to.

All you need to do is add it to
https://github.com/openSUSE/planet.opensuse.org/blob/master/planetsuse/feeds
which you can do via a github pull request, or email
ad...@opensuse.org

Regards,