Report on Friday 27th May 16
======================

Hi all,

Mind you, the crowd was some 44 minutes early, we were given some
strategic space, just 4 – 5 meters from the entrance, so that
everybody could see us. The population was mostly non geeks and we
spent quite some time explaining FOSS, Linux, openSUSE, SUSE,
Tumbleweed, other flavors as well because they heard that x or y was
good….

I started to believe that as there was a cold buffet afterwards
sponsored by the City Mayor, that we had just a madding crowd.
Promises of coming to our monthly sessions were unanimous. Only future
will tell.

Did find some time to show a few things to a few Saint Thomas about
openSUSE et al. The laymen have no idea of Linux, what is Linux etc.
We made no installation, just plain discussions.

Then came the food and all the stands were deserted out of the sudden.

>From the caterers, we were told that there were 207 meals served.

We packed past 21:00 as the next day we had SFD.

Report on SFD Saturday 28/05
======================

Back in business, thanks God for that.

Total visitors = 37

What we did: there has been 6 new installations of Leap in progress
and one as a VM on Virtual Box. A corporate admin wanted SUSE for demo
purposes on a 32bit laptop. Our 4G hotspot became red hot. More than
12 GB of ISO from suse.com

We have a regular visitor Hélène with Leap as well, maintenance visit:
needed CEWE (not working till now) Thunderbird and some FireFox
tweaking.

Senior team members helped around. openStreetMap was present as well.
We had a guy from South Korea (tourist) who stopped by. I burnt a DVD
of Leap for him to take home.

We had a Chinese guy as well, but he is a student in Rouen University
and he is supposed to be back next month. A few timid people just
smuggled in and out, Not in our statistics….

Many visitors came because they learnt about SFD and after touring
around, promised to come back.

I was surprised, many women came, I would say three out of ten. Looks
like if the heavy rain/flooding had something to do with this peak of
women visitors. I have a weapon for this, I put them in of Laurence,
our Secretary-General hands as well as Marila…. We did get them coffee
with compliments as well as cakes brought in by members and Hélène
baked biscuits. Who said that openSUSE was not a fattening business?

Anyway, we managed to close in time before the deluge! La Seine do
cross Rouen too before the estuary of Le Havre.

We are very excited about our future.

Until next time,
Thanks,

Jimmy