A small quorum gathered home in order to fill our bellies in view of
the usual monthly fight with the cold weather.

We can report that there was grosso modo again ~50% less visitors and
those who attended were new comers on one hand and the core people
that run our association. Even if this is the season for Sales in the
adjescent shopping mall, there was no crowd loitering at all.

We thought that the weather would be milder by midafternoon, but no,
this was a linear cold day.

We had:

1.    A very nice couple who came to wish us Happy New Year and taking
an appointment to upgrade Leap 42.1

2.    Our Greek lady as usual with various issues.

3.    A new lady owner of a dead box that she will bring at our next
event for resuscitation purposes

4.    Another new lady with a brand new Windows 10 machine and wanted
a 180° turn to openSUSE. We advised to keep Windows 10 and install
openSUSE 42.2 as dual boot, which we successfully did.

5.    Another lady with a broken Leap 42.1 (her neighbor tried to help
her out). Sadly, she forgot her AC power supply. She went back home
and came back one hour later. I personally took care of the works.
Good point, the home directory is not wiped out nowadays, so even
though if she did not desperately needed her files in her home
directory, she got them back alright!

6.    Olivier came for lunch and the event (as usual)

7.    Laurence catered for tea/coffee etc. and took care of desperate
housewives with Linux related problems.

8.    We had a PM from Renault (the vehicles manufacturers) and his
wife. The full works, there is a big potential there specially for
SUSE. As he came with his work laptop, it was difficult to format the
HD :) So he used one of ours with loads of software. His wife is an
Event Manager, so all this was new to her. They ended up home for a
typical French dinner!

9.    8 “chance” visitors, just curious what’s up.

10.  openStreemap was there as usual (a representative that is)

11.  A lady came with her laptop in order to better herself, third time around.

12.  Nathalie and niece came round for morale support inter-alia.

13.  Myself

>From the smiles that we got, we realize that these type of events do
take people from their daily routine to come in at the deep end to use
an OS they did not know about and with a good learning curve. What I
discovered, people do take notes. Good point!

The lady in 5 took an appointment with our Secretary General to bring
her husband *home* as he is not free on weekends. He would like Leap
42.1 (what he actually saw on his wife’s machine) and had some
questions.

I did distribute Leap 42.2 DVDs and stickers…

What can I say, a cozy audience and we had a lot of fun :)

Cheers,
Jimmy
nui.fr