Greetings,

I would like to introduce myself. I am an open-source enthusiast located
in Australia and who in the past contributed to the Fedora marketing
team, asides from that, I am a student currently studying a Bachelor of
Commerce at the University of Wollongong. I tend to change my
distributions every year or so from Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE, however
I decided to stick with OpenSUSE and thought I would contribute back to
the community. From the communications I have observed though mailing
archives, I have noted a noticeable lack of direction in marketing
strategies, a lack of team communication thought meetings (as observed
by the Meeting page) and a majority of the resources and priorities are
dated. These issues, in which I have identified will and presumably have
had an impact on the projects growth (measured by new adopters) and
overall consumer engagement. While there is some engagement between
contributors, event attendees, etc. If we consider the metrics, that
would account from a modest portion of our user base. I personally want
to see OpenSUSE grow as I am sure many of you do. I would love to hear
what some of you think about these issues or perhaps others in which I
have not identified, so please comment. I look forward to working with
you all.

Kind regards,

Beau Mathieson.