On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> Am Monday 04 September 2006 12:45 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
> > Hallo.
> >
> > I have been thinking about getting rid many of SuSEconfig scripts and
> > making scriptlets more effective (call them once per transaction instead
> > of four times per package).
> >
> > Because modification of RPM seems to be not acceptable, I tried to find
> > a solution, which will work with unmodified RPM:
> >
> > Create a new daemon, running by default: triggerd
>
> were would be the difference to use the trigger scripts for this ?

because rpm can only trigger on installation of a defined list of
other packages, not handling the issue we most commonly have:
trigger on modification of a directory to update some kind of
index or cache file.

--
with kind regards (mit freundlichem Grinsen),
   Ruediger Oertel ([EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED])