Hi,

there are new checks being added to the Factory rpmlint package that will
become errors soon:

init-script-without-%stop_on_removal-preun
package installs an /etc/init.d script, but doesn't run the %stop_on_removal
macro in %preun

init-script-without-%insserv_cleanup-postun
package installs an /etc/init.d script, but doesn't run %insserv_cleanup
in %postun

for understanding why those are necessary, please read the packagers manual /
suse packaging conventions. There are about 93 packages affected. I'd like to
hear about false positives in order to improve the check.

invalid-desktopfile
package contains a .desktop file that doesn't validate. (use
desktop-file-validate on it to understand why). 259 (!) packages are
affected.

untranslated-desktop-file
package installs a .desktop file but doesn't run %suse_update_desktop_file on
it. 138 packages are affected.

The library policy checker has been updated to give more accurate information.
Those warnings are not becoming an error any time soon, so consider them for
information only.

There is also an informational check for files that shouldn't be in a suse
linux binary package, like the generic (source-) INSTALL instructions or
README's for non-linux operating systems. I don't know exactly yet how many
packages are affected, but its somewhere around 600.

Greetings,
Dirk

--
RPMLINT information under http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint