Hi Packagers

As we add more and more rpmlintrc-files to our packages to deal with
rpmlint warnings and errors, I think we should clarify some things here
and afterwards add a new chapter to the packagers manual and the
rpmlint site on en.opensuse.org.

1) Name your rpmlintrc-file!

Please _do_not_ add a plain rpmlintrc file to your package! Think about
installing multiple src.rpms on your system: the last rpmlintrc will
win... (yes, we should discuss the "installing src.rpms in an extra
directory" problematic - but not within this mail ;-)

So please follow the description on
http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint
and name your rpmlintrc file:
%{name}-rpmlintrc or
%{name}-%{version}-rpmlintrc

2) Add your rpmlintrc file to your specfile

Please add a line like:
Source100: %{name}-%{version}-rpmlintrc
to your specfile. Otherwise both the check_if_valid_source_dir script
will fail and autobuild will reject to check in your package.

Adding the rpmlintrc file as source will also add it to the src.rpm - so
other packagers outsite can have a look at it and perhaps came up with
a better solution.

Any other/better suggestions about rpmlintrc-files are welcome!

Regards,
Lars

--
Lars Vogdt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>