* Henne Vogelsang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-08-10 12:05]:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday, August 10, 2007 at 11:59:44, Reinhard Max wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 at 11:52, Petr Cerny wrote:
> >
> > > is there some page on opensuse.org where we can announce new
> > > packages? Not every OpenSuSE user is reading mailing lists (neither
> > > wants to do so). Would anyone be interested in using such page
> > > (ideally this would be a non-static page)?
> >
> > Good idea, but as a wiki page, it might quickly become a mess and if
> > not everybody enters their new packages, it's usefulness would be
> > limited.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to generate lists of recently added, updated or
> > otherwise touched packages out of the build system's data? This would
> > be much more accurate at no extra work for the packagers.
>
> A mail2rss setup for lists.opensuse.org is on my TODO. I just did not
> find any decent converter yet...

Gmane already offers this. See
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.user for example and
choose one of

    RSS feeds:

    1. All messages from the list, with excerpted texts.
    2. Topics from the list, with excerpted texts.
    3. All messages from the list, with complete texts.
    4. Topics from the list, with complete texts.

Thanks,
   Bernhard