On Nov 16, 07 13:43:15 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Freitag 16 November 2007 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> > On Friday 09 November 2007, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
> > > I remember deciding that we'll not use the licenses.rpm... or am I
> > > wrong? What's the current status, please :)?
> >
> > I don`t know either. Juergen, Coolo?
> >
> I didn't take part in that discussion and Juergen is on vacation for the next
> weeks. So we won't find out :)

We encountered several deficitits in the way licenses.rpm works.
I a while ago I was told it still saves a few precious MB on the media
and is therefore still considered to be useful. This besides the
nice-to-have feature of a single location with all license texts
was the reason for creating this package. I am unsure if this still
outweight the downsides.

Perhaps make this an be an agenda item for dist meeting to come to a final
decision?

        cheers,
                Jw.

> Greetings, Stephan
>
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)

 o \  Juergen Weigert  paint it green! __/ _=======.=======_
<V> | [EMAIL PROTECTED]       wide open suse_/        _---|____________\/
 \  | 0911 74053-508         (tm)__/          (____/            /\
"Novell is committed to creating a work environment that embraces clarity."