0bo0 wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Jan Beulich <jbeul...@novell.com> wrote:
>
>> This certainly isn't with the 11.2 kernel, is it? On the HEAD (Factory)
>> one we did such a change, but there still is no need to load the driver
>> through /etc/sysconfig/kernel (as that would result in also attempting
>> to load the [non-existing] driver on native boots). Instead, the proper
>> place is in xend's startup script, as was also done by us in preparation
>> to that kernel side change.
>>

> heh.  i'm getting lost as to what's been (not) done where ...
>
> *I* currently have
>
> uname -a
>   Linux server 2.6.34-42-xen #1 SMP 2010-06-01 15:17:00 +0200 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

So you are using the kernel that includes the change, but a xen that
doesn't (as mentioned yesterday).  The current "HEAD" xen is not
building for 11.2 and the repo contains the last good HEAD build of xen
on Apr 3, which does not have the change to load evtchn driver.

You can add the following to xend init script or build the HEAD xen for
11.2 by disabling building of KMPs.

        # but for now it's safest to have them loaded when xend starts
in dom0.
+      modprobe evtchn 2>/dev/null || true
        modprobe blktap 2>/dev/null || true