Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2016-09-04 18:39, Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> I don't know if anybody cares much, but on a xen guest running
>> Leap422b1 with ntp disabled, I no longer see those "Time has been
>> changed" messages apart from once or twice.  (I used to have them
>> twice a minute).  I'll leave it running for a while and see what
>> happens.
>>
>> Does anyone here have an opinion on the matter?
>
> That's what I see on my vmware player guest, too.
>
> I'd guess that systemd has its own clock adjustment service running
> and it doesn't like ntp touching the clock as well. What that service
> might be, I don't know.

I doubt that very much. Besides, why should openSUSE have ntp running by
default then?

I'm beginning to wonder

- if Dom0 is actually a little of out sync, ntp would slowly be
adjusting the clock, and I guess systemd would notice that.

- if Dom0 is actually sync'ed, no adjustment is needed, nothing for
systemd to notice.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.4°C)