On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM Glen <glenbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Argh.
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 2:47 PM Glen <glenbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe.  I honestly don't know.  All I know is, when I have a guest
> > running on any of my hosts, even if that guest is idle (because, for
> > example, it's a copy of a production machine) and therefore not
> > getting internet traffic or usage, I can make the host crash by
> > rsyncing a lot of data over a crossover cable at maximum speed.  I
>
> Typo.  Ugh.
>
> The host does not ever crash.
>
> s/host crash/guest crash/   =>   I can make the GUEST crash by
> rsyncing a lot of data.

If it's easily reproducible, then the simplest way to troubleshoot is
to use another distro as guest, or at least another kernel.

You said that this guest runs docker, right? Then it should be easy
enough to try install a new guest with another distro (e.g. ubuntu,
centos, whatever), install docker on it, and try to replicate your
problem.

If the culprit is bridge/netfilter module, you could probably test
with installing another kernel. Try kernel:HEAD?
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/reference/html/book.opensuse.reference/cha-tuning-multikernel.html#sec-tuning-multikernel-latest

In any case, those two methods can help verify whether the problem is
in the kernel (module), or something in leap userland (including its
docker version).

--
Fajar