On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 11:17:47PM +1000, Peter Flodin wrote:
> On 4/12/06, houghi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The http://en.opensuse.org/Events can be confusing. Especially for people
> > not from the EU.
> > Is it not better to write out the month (at least in 3 letters) making it
> > one of the following:
> > 2006 Apr 10
> > 2006 10 Apr
> > Apr 10, 2006
> >

> There is a wiki way to do dates, and they will be displayed according
> to your user preference for dates (obviously only when logged in).
>
> The last time I checked it didn't work on the openSUSE wiki.
>
> from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page
> Date formats:
> # [[July 20]], [[1969]]
> # [[20 July]] [[1969]]
> # [[1969]]-[[07-20]]
> # [[1969-07-20]]
>
> All of the above dates will appear as "20 July 1969" if you set your
> date display preference to "15 January 2001", but as "July 20, 1969"
> if you set it to "January 15, 2001", or as "1969-07-20" if you set it
> to "2001-01-15".
>
> I am not sure if this is an extension or something that is just
> configured in WikiMedia.

Just tried it on my page http://en.opensuse.org/User:Houghi
Also the above are Wiki links to specific dates. We do not realy have any
pages for those.

Coming back to my original remark, if we use the above, wich one of the
first two is the best? Most people won't log in.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau