Peter Flodin wrote:
On 5/13/06, houghi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Any idea when it will be up again? It is not realy good advertisement to
have it down with the lauch of a new version. :-(

Also the http://download.opensuse.org/index.html is pretty confusing. I
would delete the last two rows or perhaps even the last three rows, or
just put up the anouncement there, because it is much clearer.

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1/
Now you don't see any information and what are the RC1_GM torrents?
Confusing for a beginner.

It is back up.

http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Popularpages

I think we had over a million pageviews on the front page alone in the
last few days. From memory as I looked at stats only a few days ago.

Victim of our own success. I do however think that we need to plan for
this properly next time, so that the failure is more graceful, with a
planned message and page. It looked a bit like an
emergency-my-server-is-on-fire message....even if that was the case
:-).

It would be interesting to see the webserver stats, with referrals, my
guess a large proportion of the traffic came from here:
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/11/1544232
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/12/0218209
http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/Finally_Released_SUSE_10.1_Final

Peter 'Pflodo' Flodin

Interesting.
I looked some 30 min. ago and there was emergency page.

Good said "victims of own success".

--
Regards,
Rajko.