Hi,

at the moment we have got four main openSUSE webserver

http://<LANG>.opensuse.org/ (Wikis)
http://build.opensuse.org/  (Build Service)
http://download.opensuse.org/ (Download Distribution)
http://software.opensuse.org/ (Repositories)

and http://www.opensuse.org/ as a splash screen for the wikis.

Unfortunately the web servers have no common design (Wikis, Build
Service) or no design at all ;-) (Download, Repositories).

We would like to harmonize the design of all these web servers, so it is
always very clear that one is surfing on an openSUSE page - regardless
of what server is visited. We would also like to make
http://www.opensuse.org/ the single entry point for all openSUSE web
servers, not only for the Wiki.

A web design that can be used on all openSUSE servers has to be very
flexible. Our designer Robert Lihm has made a proposal that we would
like to discuss with you:

http://www.suse.de/~fs/opensuse/

This directory contains two mockups (Wiki home page, Wiki content page)
and a color palette.

We chose the wiki as a base because this is the web server you are
probably most familiar with. Nevertheless, this is no final proposal
how the wiki should look like in the future (this will be subject of
further discussions), but rather a presentation of the concept in a
familiar context. So, for now, we would like to discuss the overall
concept and not the context or whether the wiki links should be on top
or at the bottom of the page ;-)).

The proposal basically only consists of different boxes, being the
building blocks in a construction set. Such a concept offers us the
flexibility we need to use it for all openSUSE servers (this is
especially true for the Build Service).

So, please tell us whether you like it or not, whether you have got
suggestions for improvement, or ... .

Thanks
        Frank
--
Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nürnberg