On Saturday 05 May 2007 04:28, Francis Giannaros wrote:
> In general, there's a very clear ignorance out there on the openSUSE
> case with the desktop environments, so could someone who has the powah
> add it to the
> http://en.opensuse.org/Faq ?
>
> At least then there's a nice place to consistently link to.

http://en.opensuse.org/FAQ:Desktop

would be better with additional benefits that we can include more details than
KDE and GNOME relation to openSUSE and everybody can edit it. For instance:
  What is desktop?
  What is desktop environment?
  What kind of desktops SUSE includes?

The rest belongs to reorganization of front page content:
- FAQ is minimalistic and somewhat obsolete, there is many more to be written
on different topics like Hardware Support,  Proprietary Hardware Drivers, ATI
and nVidia, Wireless, etc, with articles that are devoted to thema.
- Communicate should be renamed to "Support Options", which will name it by
function it provides and help new users to find help instead to go around
looking for forums with SUSE in name.

Few links belong to the second level menus.
The example of simple wiki page that provides almost all that we need on main
openSUSE is http://www.mono-project.com/ .

--
Regards,
Rajko.