On Saturday 06 October 2007 06:09:44 am Munkii wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 22:41 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
> > One of (many) tasks would to sort templates.
> > It is really hard to find one when you need it.
> > The http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Template_Messages
> >
> > I picked up the list from:
> > http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace
> >=10 and sorted a bit:
> > http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rajko_m/wip
> >
> > There is 255 templates as of today. Many should be deleted [1], the rest
> > should be sorted like:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Template_messages
> >
> > There is also need to create some, in order to simplify usage of new
> > predefined classes. That is actually the reason to sort existing.
> >
> > Ideas?
> > Hands? ;-)
> >
> > [1] to delete:
> > * all Version/[100|101|102|Latest|Factory]/<program name>
> > * [[Template:Version]] it produced all above until it was disabled
> >
> > * [[Template:AR-ترجمة]] wrong naming
> > * [[Template:ترجمة]] wrong naming
> > * [[Template:ترجمة الوثائق]] wrong naming
> > ** Funny with arabic text in KMail is how to add ]] (square brackets) at
> > the end of the line ;-)
> > * [[Template:Преводи]] wrong naming
> > * [[Template:DA-Where to find Help]] obsolete
> > * [[Template:DownloadArch-RO]]  wrong naming
> > * [[Template:OpenSUSE Style Guide Transrations]] (already marked)
> > * [[Template:PT-BR-DownloadArch]] and other PT-BR; guys will use PT wiki.
> >
> > There is probably more obsolete templates.
>
> count me in, tell me if you started anything!

Thanks.

Im looking in templates what they do to get some idea what categories of
templates to create.

For instance:
 Template:Susedoc:guimenu is
 ''{{{1}}}''
Instead of
 ''italic text''
now you have to write:
 {{Susedoc:guimenu|italic text}}
to get the same italic text.

Besides using colon as separator can have funny effects one day someone decide
to create namespace 'Susedoc' which is not out of mind. We probably need one.

We should sort out templates in sections:
== Used ==
That are linked (Toolbox:What links here) so there is need to be careful even
if they can be deleted otherwise.

== Unused ==
Mostly can be deleted.
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Deadendpages