On 2011/07/23 10:53 (GMT+0200) Køi¹tof ®elechovski composed:

Felix Miata composed:

 It used to be that it was possible to diff logs to isolate differences from
 run to run. That's no longer possible as long as most lines are now prepended
 with a time stamp. Is there some way to eliminate the time stamps so as to be
 able to do diffs?

Sure I _could_, but that doesn't address the issue of wasted screen space and
extra line wrapping when simply viewing them. I'd rather never see them in
Xorg.0.logs, where timestamps don't have relevance anything like they do in
boot or build logs. Not having them ever, at least via option, would have the
bonus of diffing remaining as simple as it used to be. I was hoping for an
answer to the question if there is a way to turn them off more than a diffing
workaround.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/