Robert Schiele schrieb:
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:06:36PM +0200, Siegbert Baude wrote:

For me the main problem seems to be, that the mirrors don't manage to rsync in a fast way (that there is not enough funding for Eberhard's server is a problem which can't be solved technically ;-) ).

The point is that the main problem here is not the network bandwidth but the
disk I/O resulting from the enormous size of the data.

I understood this, hence my remark with the funding. Nevertheless, it is better if some dozen mirrors serve below their optimal speed than only the main server is doing so and the mirrors can't serve at all, because they don't have the files yet.

So, is traffic shaping or packet filtering to prioritize the mirrors no option?

Ciao
Siegbert